This Monday (21), a new device skin care full of technology landed in Brazil: Foreo Bear. Launched on the international market in 2020, the electrical device uses low-voltage microcurrent to stimulate and tone the skin.
The gadget also features T-Sonic, Foreo’s patented sonic pulse technology that is present in all of the brand’s devices and helps massage the face. In addition, Bear is the only device that has the Anti-Shock System, an integrated system that guarantees treatments at home without the risk of shocks, as it uses sensors to measure the skin’s resistance to electricity in real time and adjust the intensity.
In short, Foreo Bear combines all these technologies to increase cellular metabolism, speed up the tissue repair process and reduce the points of greatest muscular tension on the face, smoothing the appearance of lines, for example.
- Read too: Hyaluronic Acid: Understand the Science Behind the Substance
How to use Foreo Bear?
Foreo recommends that Bear be used five times a week, once a day (morning or evening), in treatments lasting one to three minutes. After 60 days, the manufacturer says that it is enough to use it between two and three times a week to maintain the results.
- Download the FOREO For You app, activate Bluetooth and sync your device with the app;
- Clean your face with a facial soap and, if desired, use Foreo Luna cleansing brushes;
- Apply a thin layer of a water-based conductive serum and massage until completely absorbed;
- Select your pre-defined routine and the intensity of the microcurrent through the application or manually with the button that is on the device body;
- Slide Foreo Bear into desired areas including chin, cheeks, neck and forehead. The device will automatically turn off when the routine ends;
- Continue with your usual skin care routine.
How do microcurrents work?
Low-intensity electrostimulation mimics the electrical currents naturally produced by the human body at the cellular level. Best known in physical therapy, microcurrent is used to improve muscle flaccidity.
In the world of dermatology, its ability to stimulate the realignment of collagen fibers and enhance lymphatic circulation allow treatments for expression lines and even postoperative scarring.
The result of the “shocks”, coming from two metallic spheres that look like Foreo Bear ears, is healthier looking skin and toned facial muscles, helping to give the face a firmer appearance.
The manufacturer does not recommend the use of Foreo Bear in the following cases:
- people with metallized dental implants, or amalgam-based restorations;
- people who have undergone facial cosmetic surgery in the last year and in pregnant women;
- with piercings or earrings in the face while using the device;
- people with metal plates on their faces, pacemakers or seizures or epilepsy not can use the device.
Price and availability
Foreo’s new device is available in two versions:
- Bear: R$ 1999
- Bear mini: R$ 1299
The main difference between them is that the traditional version has five microcurrent intensities, while the mini has only three. Both can be connected via Bluetooth to the Foreo for You app and will be available on Sephora’s online store at the end of June